Tuesday, June 10, 2008




my baby boyz

it wasn't a bad monday by l.a. standards. i mean, my road rage was kept to a minimum--meaning i didn't have to utter the f-word once (out loud); i only had to return two new malfunctioning dvd recorders to circuit city; the film junket i attended for a movie i hadn't even seen was only running 30 minutes behind; and i got some nice new assignments that hopefully won't have me pulling my locks out one by one before completion.

normally, all of the above would make me totally menopausal. but, because i talked to both my baby boyz today, all is very, very good in da hood.

i was rolling down sunset with the top down while chatting up pj, my first-ever godchild, son of my BFF&E mary radden hicks. he is the sweetest, kindest and coolest 22-year-old manchild i know. his parents reared him right. pj is currently a senior at hampton (yay pirates!), majoring in political science. i luv, luv, luv him. the above shot (right) of me and pj was taken at hampton's homecoming in '04.

about 15 minutes later i was on the phone with my other godson josh (above left at homecoming '05). he's 5 and operating on full blast 24/7. and he's so grown. today he told me it had been 100 degrees in richmond for "three whole days" and then added with one of those sighs old folks let loose whenever you ask them about their day, that it was "very, very hot." to top it off, josh then said-- without prompting from his mom, my other BFF&E charlene alexander-taylor-- "i hope you have a good day tomorrow. i love you."

i'm now good for the rest of the week. bring it on l.a.

now if i could only get some sleep...

1 comment:

Regina is... said...

how cute, the boys! oh, and by the way, I totally love your bucket list. perhaps I'll start writing mine.

appreciate you stopping by my b'spot...feel free to send the pics to regina@reginarobertson.com. and yes, we must do a beach bike tour before diving into some black beans and plantains, way sooner than later.

happy tuesday.