Wednesday, June 18, 2008


rookie blogger makes major snafu with
"r" word comment, insults legend


every now and then those of us who use words to enlighten, inform, inspire and empower make mistakes. i made a big one in a recent post called "locker mate for life" when i wrote that i didn't much care for folks whose surname began with the letter "r."

in doing so i offended a sister blogger, a legend in her own mind and a proud member of the "r" crew. since this sister has been a faithful visitor to this space--and also because she put me on blast earlier today--i felt compelled to issue this heartfelt apology.

what had happened was that my mind was locked in a time warp. i was actually referring to some people i used to know back in the day: royston, runnels, reckseit, rosenberg, rosenthal. i in no way meant to offend any other "r's." my own name has several "r's" in it, too. now that this faux paux has been brought to my attention, i can honestly say i have seen the error of my ways and grown from this most unfortunate experience.

alphabetism is the ugliest of all hate crimes.

i hope no one will hold this against me as i don't want to lose my job as a part-time blogger. blogging has made me a better person--one who simply wants to serve humanity.

so, as tyler perry is my witness, i swear on a stack of poorly-written scripts that this won't happen again. i am truly sorry miss ross.

photo: da devodiva addresses fans and the media at her recent press conference.

1 comment:

Regina is... said...

YOU are hysterically hysterical!

So, I'm sitting here, running through my am blog roll and I catch your latest. As I'm reading, I realize that like, um, you might be talking about me. But wait, I don't have that much hair...

I can't front, though, I do love the line about said "r" victim being a "legend in her own." You think? :-)

I have a wicked day of words ahead of me, so thank you for the heartfelt retraction and for the morning belly laugh. Oh, and Tyler told me to tell you, "What up?!"